Participants words from the Grand Canyon!

Grand Canyon Quotes

"I pooped in the Grand Canyon." -Hunter Cloninger, Sanford, NC

"Who put that rock there?" -Max Francesco, Cherryville, NC

"Mind over matter makes the experience better." -Rachel James, Mooresville, NC

"Come on guys just one more mile." -Cooper Jenkins, Vale, NC

"Inexplicably awesome!" -Brandon McClenathan, Sanford, NC

"Quit reading these quotes and go see it for yourself, it is impossible to describe its beauty in words." -Cade McConnell, Vale, NC

"The most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Also I should've brought my inhaler." -Skylar Paschke, Gastonia, NC

"Standing in the Grand Canyon and seeing how massive it is makes your problems feel so small; I didn't want to ever leave." -Sealey Scott, Whiteville, NC 

"You could not describe this wonderful creation that God made to anyone." -Sophie Carter, Cherryville, NC

"I took a camera and two liters of water and I came back with a million pictures and sore legs...but it was so worth it." -Clara Cobb, Mount Holly, NC

"Finally got to cross something off of my bucket list!" -Ansley Feltz, Southern Shores, NC

"Seeing the Canyon was breathtaking, just like it was on the way up." -Andrew Fleming, Sanford, NC

"It's surreal. It's a painted backdrop where inspiration can be found in every corner." -Taylor Gagnon, Summerfield, NC 

"I slipped 7 times...even while sitting." -Luke Harmon, Gastonia, NC

"The pain wasn't truly worth it until I realized I reached the top." Laura Hedrick, Sanford, NC

"I was so amazed by the view, I almost fell off a couple times." -Morgan Hurt, Raleigh, NC

"When I first saw it I didn't even think it was real." -Dakota Jacobsen, Salisbury, NC

"Pictures do no justice. Most beautiful thing I've ever seen." -Carson Greene, Whiteville, NC

"If I fall in the canyon, at least I died doing something I love." -Lauren Snyder, Mount Holly, NC

"The Grand Canyon is literally breathtaking, like I couldn't breathe." -Meredith Shank, Monroe, NC

"I wouldn't do it again for a million dollars but I wouldn't trade the experience for a million either." -Tyler Tudor, Reidsville, NC

"If you thought Crowders Mountain was big, you haven't seen anything." -Blaise Shiver, Dallas, NC

"The canyon was rough but not tough...wait nevermind." -Monte Fleming, Clarkton, NC

"I hiked the Grand Canyon, what did you do today?" -Abby Marshall, Mooresville, NC

"This is the prettiest ditch I have ever seen." -Alec Stinnett, Bessemer City, NC

"Woooow...biggest pothole I've ever seen." -Landrie Hess, Salisbury, NC

"It's called grenade for a reason." -Ethan Brewer, Moorseville, NC

"I almost died, but it was worth it." -Morgan Bailey, Reidsville, NC

"One of God's most beautiful creations." -Larissa Horne, Union, SC

"The Grand Canyon is appropriately named." -Joshua Millspaw, Belmont, NC

"6 miles in the heat was totally worth it!" -Ava Scardigno, Tega Cay, SC

"Still convinced it's just an inverted mountain." -McKinley Beaty, Statesville, NC

"The question is not 'should I go to the Grand Canyon', but rather 'when should I go to the Grand Canyon'." -Eli Patterson, Gastonia, NC

“Butt kicker but well worth it! -Macie Curlee, Salisbury, NC

“I didn’t realize a squirrel was so fat…” -Julia Brice, Fort  Mill, SC

“I sat and saw the most beautiful sunrise ever.” -Justin Crawford, Belmont, NC

“It’s a 100 times better in real life.” -Maximus Pavone, Gastonia, NC

“I would do it again in a heartbeat." -Mitchell Swicegood, Charlotte, NC

“A quote could not accurately explain the beauty of the Grand Canyon." -Zachary Storms, Whiteville, NC

“This wasn’t the first time in the canyon and it certainly wont be my last." -Samantha Bowen, Laurinburg, NC

“No words or pictures will be able to describe what you see.” -Audrey Beaty, Belmont, NC

“I’ve never said good morning to so many people in my life." -Alex Faulkner, Spartanburg, SC

“Life is a climb but the view was amazing." -Claire Cummings, Sanford, NC

“I never thought that I would walk 6 miles before 10 a.m." -Sam Bolling, Stanley, NC

“God is Good!” -Michael Punt, Troutman, NC

“I almost fell to my death, but it would have been worth it." -Cassidy Rodriguez, Gastonia, NC

“I fell four times but at least it wasn’t off the edge." -Victoria Hamby, Stoneville, NC 

“It’s all fun and games until you look back up." -Bailey Earls, Union, SC

“I got to see the most beautiful view with the most beautiful people." -Kaylee Warren, Mooresville, NC

“Probably the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Period.” -Anna Mason, Gastonia, NC

“My spirits continued to go up, until I started up…” -Emily Stratton, Goldsboro, NC

“It was definitely worth the view, but I really needed to poo." -Payton Holt, Mt. Ulla, NC

“I wish I brought my skateboard." -Matthew Fuller, Denver, NC

“You don’t need to know how much I hiked, you just need to know I hiked the ‘Grand’ Canyon."   -Mallory Morton, Belmont, NC

"One of the most rewarding and eye-opening experiences of my life.” -Crandall King, Concord, NC

“NO picture could ever compare to the real life experience of the Grand Canyon." -Sealey Sessions, Lake Waccamaw, NC

“One of the most breathtaking views and hikes ever.”  -Taylor Brooks, Mt. Holly, NC

“Pictures can’t even begin to describe the breathtaking view.” -Kayla Hawkins, Cherryville, NC

“Shaking up and down the Grand Canyon…literally.” -Madalynn Powell, Ruffin, NC

“I got lost.” -Ivy Erray, Dallas, NC

"The most beautiful thing I have ever seen.” -Dylan Sutton, Statesville, NC

"One of God’s many beautiful creations that truly is indescribable.” -Landry Freeze, Mooresville, NC

“Hiking the canyon was #ZEZ!” -Jake Inman, Lake Waccamaw, NC

“The six mile hike was so worth it. The view was nothing short of amazing.” -Caroline Whitaker, Sanford, NC

“Convinced the view took my breath away instead of the walking.” -Kennedy Martin, Stokesdale, NC 

“Hey Mom and Dad, I haven’t been sent home yet and the canyon was cool." -Parker Mills, Denver, NC

“I'm about to ride the worlds biggest water slide running towards the Grand Canyon during a lightning storm.” -Carson Carr, Gastonia, NC

"Wooooooooowwwwww." -Cameron Shefffield, Whitmire, SC

“Just a couple more switchbacks.” -Hannah Caldwell, Denver, NC

“Watch out for the squirrels.” -Alex Abernathy, Belmont, NC

“Pictures do no justice.” -Olivia Smith, Whiteville, NC

“That hike was janky.” -Katherine Fortier, Raleigh, NC

“Grandest Canyon I’ve ever seen for sure.” -Emma Brockman, Cramerton, NC 

"The view took my breath away and so did the hike." -Isabella Tarlton, Monroe, NC 

"Breathtaking. It was beautiful, and also I couldn't breathe." -Makayla Johnson, Gastonia, NC


"If you thought a North Carolina sunrise was pretty you have not seen a thing yet." -Hannah Smith, Dallas, NC

"Don't think I've seen anything this amazing in my life." Caroline Hill, Gastonia, NC